Employee benefits, also known as Group Benefits, include many forms of non-wage compensation that employers offer employees as part of a benefits package. A company’s benefits package can help attract and retain top talent.
Which Benefits Are Typically Offered to Employees?
Every employer’s situation is unique, as are their budgets. We’re happy to work with employers of all sizes to develop comprehensive benefits packages that meet their needs. Here are common coverage options that may be available to your business:
- Group health insurance—Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), most employers are required to offer health insurance to their employees. This benefit can allow employers and employees to share premium costs, which significantly reduces employees’ personal expenses for their essential health insurance benefits.
- Dental insurance—This benefit can provide employees with coverage for various dental services, including routine cleanings, more complicated oral surgeries and orthodontics.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance—This benefit can provide employees with income support following disabilities that force them off the job and cause termination in their standard paychecks. It is different from workers’ compensation insurance because it will apply even when employees get injured in accidents that happen away from work.
- Group life insurance—This benefit allows participating employees to enroll in guaranteed-issue coverage. Applicants won’t be denied enrollment just because they have a pre-existing condition that might make it hard to qualify otherwise.
- Vision insurance—This benefit can help employees maintain healthier eyesight and catch developing problems before they get worse by providing coverage for routine vision care.
The package you provide will determine your costs and the fees your employees will pay for their benefits. These benefits decisions are entirely up to you as a business owner. To determine which coverage is right for you and your employees, contact your agent.
Contact Us Today
Contact Knapp-Miller-Brown Insurance Services to start building a benefits package to add value to your current compensation plan.